Skip to main content

Kounde speak out on why he rejected Chelsea

 Why Jules Koundé rejected Chelsea to join giants Barcelona.

Jules Koundé explains choosing Barcelona ahead of Chelsea

Laliga giant Barcelona  unveiled French defender Jules Koundé on Monday, August 1, 2022.

Kounde joins Barcelona from La Liga rivals Sevilla on a fee worth about 60 million euros.

The 23-year-old Kounde joined Barcelona on a five year deal and has a release clause of one billion euros.

At the press conference, Kounde revealed that before signing with Barcelona Premier League outfit Chelsea were interested in his services.

The France International explained that despite the contact from Chelsea his desire was to wait for an offer from Barcelona.

Kounde also stated that a conversation with Barcelona head coach Xavi Hernandez also influenced his decision to stay in Spain.

He said, "I'm very happy and proud to join this great club. I'm very grateful to the President and the fans, now I have to train hard and succeed. I'm very happy and proud to join a club as big and ambitious as Barça."

It's true that I had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea, but we had to wait if Barça could reach an agreement with Sevilla.

"When I saw that this was possible, I chose Barça, because I was very clear about the project."

Kounde then assured Barcelona fans that he won't take much time to adapt as he is already familiar playing in La Liga with Sevilla.

He added, "Xavi asked me to continue doing the same as in Seville: be aggressive, take the ball from behind and be committed to Barça's demand."

"The conversations with Xavi were very fluid. I've always felt the coach's affection and his desire for me to come here and that is very important to me at this stage of my career.

"My knowledge of La Liga will make it easier for me to adapt, but the important thing is to understand Barça's style well, what the coach will ask of me and to get to know my teammates."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The only Relationship Advice you will Ever Need

 The Only Relationship Advice You’ll Ever Need Danstel 24, July 2020  You may already be rolling your eyes at the vast oversimplification of this title… and if you were to go back to read the many articles I’ve written on relationships, you’d know that I don’t think the secret to romantic success can be boiled down to one simple piece of advice. However, if people ask me what is the most important action we can take to improve our relationships and stay in love, I do have an answer, and that is to  just be kind . Yes, the suggestion seems obvious on one hand, but it’s actually really hard for most couples to take at a certain point in their relationship. Many people I’ve talked to resisted the recommendation, responding with statements like “I can’t do that, or “why would I be nice to him/her?” To understand why we have this resistance and why we often find it challenging to simply be kind to our partner, there are three important concepts to consider: Fear of Intimacy  – The reason ma

What's Ruining your Sex Life?

What’s Ruining Your Sex Life? Danstel17,2020 Sexuality invites us to be in the moment, connected to our body, our senses, and to another person. Yet having a “ critical inner voice ” sounding off in our minds during sex is a little like having an extra person in the room critiquing everything from our desirableness to our performance. These critical inner voices take us out of the experience, remove us from our bodies and leave us disconnected from our partner, robbing us of the precious aspects of sexuality. It’s probably no surprise to hear that research has shown that having higher self-esteem and a more positive body image is correlated with increased sexual satisfaction. On the other hand, negative thoughts toward ourselves heighten our stress levels, which can  decrease sexual satisfaction . One recent  study  showed that measures of self-esteem, autonomy, and empathy were positively associated with sexual pleasure, while other  research  has revealed that people with low self-es